Archive release of episode 117 of Razor Blade Dance Floor.
Originally published on November 15, 2009
Original show notes from this episode:
It’s been a while since I did this, but a long time ago I took an entire episode and dedicated it to the great female minds and voices behind industrial rock. I figured since it has been almost 2 years since I recognized those talents, I would revisit the theme once again. Inspired by new releases by Genitorurers, Collide, Android Lust, I:Scintilla, Helalyn Flowers, Angelspit, Auradrone amd Ambassador 21, I figured the audio environment was ripe for exposing and exploiting this range of talent.
You must be warned though: I have a tendency to get a little carried away with the voiceprint sections on this show. I have a lot to say, and I definitely didn’t get to say everything that I wanted to divulge.
Here is the set list:
- I:Scintilla – Ammunition [Prey On You EP] (2009)
- Genitorturers – Cum Junkie [Blackheart Revolution] (2009)
- Collide – Tusk [These Eyes Before] (2009)
- Android Lust – Refuse (This Rotted Heart) [Evolution] (1998/2009)
- KMFDM – Bait & Switch [Blitz] (2009)
- Crud – Girls That Swear [Devil At The Wheel] (2005)
- Helalyn Flowers – Sitting On The Moon [Stitches of Eden] (2009)
- Auradrone – Indigo Child [Whitelite Britelite] (2009)
- Betty X – Shoot ‘Em Up [Memoirs of a Pain Junkie] (2006)
- Krystal System – Mental [Underground] (2008)
- Ambassador 21 – Rock ‘n Roll [Power Rage (Face Your Future Killers)] (2009)
- Angelspit – Princess Chaos [Hideous & Perfect] (2009)
- Hanzel und Gretyl – Pleiadian Agenda [Transmissions From Uranus] (1998)
- Rabbit Junk – Walking On The Moon [Rabbit Junk] (2007)
- Snake River Conspiracy – How Soon Is Now? [Sonic Jihad] (2000)
- Kidney Thieves – S+M (A Love Song) [Trickster] (1998)
I have loads of new music that was bypassed to make this show happen. Sorry to all of the bands that fronted me new music the past 3 weeks. You will be heard. Just not on this show…