Archive release of episode 121 of Razor Blade Dance Floor.
Originally published on December 15, 2009
Original show notes from this episode:
Don’t adjust that dial. No need to reload your RSS feed. This is the Razor Blade Dance Floor 3rd annual Gothmas Episode. It also happens to be another cross promotional venture with The Swinging Wake, a deliciously deviant podcast brought to us by Zoe Necrosis.
How did this come to be? Well, Chrome Skin Jesus is off to another part of the country yet again, leaving his studio empty. In his absence, he invited his favorite spooky podcaster to fill in and present this years Christmas themed gothcast.
As always, Christmas is a time to take a break from the hyper-aggressive beats and reflect upon the important things in life: family, food and DEATH!
But seriously this episode gives the listeners of the Razor Blade Dance Floor an opportunity to experience a decidedly darker underbelly of the musical universe within the confines of one of the most festive times of the year.
So sit back, relax, turns the lights down low and enjoy the cerebral journey that is The Swinging Wake as filtered through the Razor Blade Dance Floor….!
Tracks heard on this episode:
- Lore Sjoberg – Nine Inch Noel’s
- Abney Park – The Little Drummer Boy
- Oscar the Grouch – I Hate Christmas
- Dead Artist Syndrome – Christmas
- Audra – Let The Reindeer Live on My Roof
- H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society – Blue Solstice
- H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society – Oh Come All Ye Olde Ones
- H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society – It’s Beginning to Look a lot Like Fish-Men
- King Kukulale – Christmas LuauLycia – O’ Little Town of Bethlehem
- Love Spirals Downward – Welcome Christmas
- Vera Lynn – The Little Boy That Santa Claus Forgot
- King Kukulale – Christmas Luau
- The Rousers – Christmas Party
- Gayla Peavey – I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas
- Black Tape For A Blue Girl – Chanukkah O’ Chanukkah
- Count Bakula – Have Yourself a Scary Little Christmas